11/10/2008

The Cleveland Show Gets a Full Season

I'm sure none of you are as intune with your kid self as I am *ha ha*... but I love me some Family Guy and with the news of the spinoff starring Peter's slow talkin friend Cleveland, I was more than elated. Almost an entire year before the show is scheduled to air on Fox, the network has already planned to air "Family Guy" spin-off, "The Cleveland Show" for a full season. "Fox picking up nine more episodes of our show is proof that an African-American can make it in this country. This is a milestone for the United States," fictional Cleveland told fictional reporters less than one week after Barack Obama's factually historic presidential win.

Sure, I love slow-talkin' Cleveland and feel reassured that we're guaranteed a full season of fun, but I'm mostly looking forward to never-been-richer Seth MacFarlane's newest series because it co-stars a family of bears. Yep, Cleveland's neighbors on the spin-off are papa bear Tim and momma bear Arianna -- voiced by political pundit Arianna Huffington co-owner of the left-wing Huffington Post. I didn't even know she got down like that.

***UPDATE***

Fox has pushed back the premiere date of "Family Guy" spinoff "The Cleveland Show" to fall of next year.

No comments: