11/04/2008

50 Cent Has A Green Thumb

50 Cent can now add horticulturist to his tremendously diversified resume. Well... not exactly but the rapper/actor now can somewhat consider himself a gardener. Blame it on Bette Midler’s charitable green thumb. The unlikely duo teamed up Monday to celebrate the opening of “The Curtis ‘50 Cent’ Jackson Community Garden” in Queens, New York.

And how did Bette and 50 get together for the project? “I called and nagged him,” Bette told People. “His G-Unity Foundation gives a million dollars away every year in grants to non profits all over the city … They’re just brilliant.”

The community garden, which is part of Bette’s New York Restoration Project, is located in Jamaica, Queens, where the rapper grew up.

“I wish I had this to come to when I was growing up around here,” 50 told the mag. “The opportunity to create this garden for the youth and the community is a great one.” And, 50 said Bette made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

“When Bette calls you don’t say ‘no.’ Not if you want your reputation to stay the way it is,” 50 said. Will the community garden be the first of many collaborations between the singer and the rapper?

“Absolutely!” he said, as he hugged and laughed with Bette. “He’s producing my next record,” Bette joked. “I will be rapping. He’s writing a song for me right now.”

Gotta love it!

No comments: