11/12/2008

Kanye Is Just Looking For Miss Right

Nooooo ladies... I'm sorry. You won't get the opportunity to make an ass of yourselves by vieing for "Kan The Louis Vuitton Don's" love on some whacked out reality show. That's not what this post is about. But do listen up! Kanye West is looking for Miss Right.

"I want to have kids," he tells PEOPLE. "But I want to have the right girl too – someone who really cares about me." Still, the savvy hip-hop star is no easy prey. "When I'm in a club, girls are super-calculating, planning every step," he says. West – speaking exactly a year and a day since the sudden death of his mother, Donda – said making his new album, 808's and Heartbreak, helped him deal with his sense of isolation.

It was a rough year for Kanye West. In addition to losing his mother, he broke up with his then fiancée, Alexis Phifer "It's lonely at the top," he told reporters Tuesday at a London listening party for the new album. "Losing my mom, having no woman in my life to support me – I feel like I'm on my own and can only express it through my music."

And while admitting he was "depressed and down," West said several celebrities have helped him bounce back. "I ran into Beyoncé and Paul McCartney, at the MTV Europe Music Awards and I felt comfortable," he said. "Rejuvenated."

Kanye also admitted that the passing of his mother who he considers his best friend, has profoundly changed his life. "She influenced me to do exactly what I want to do," he explained. "With my mom's passing, I learned that ... you can't let people box you in. You gotta do what you want to do." It's a subject that, for a long time, was too sensitive to discuss. "I didn't do any interviews after my mom passed, I wasn't ready to speak about [it]," he said. "Now I'd rather talk it through than commit suicide. I'm super devastated." As most of us rightfully would be with the passing of a parent.

Kanye admitted that he blames himself – or more specifically, his fame – for her death. "I feel like I moved to California, then my mom moved to California, and she did stuff she wouldn't have done if we'd stayed in Chicago," he said. "If I'd never made it in the music business, it never would've happened. I'm an alien. The only place I can be alone is my hotel room – I can't even go to the grocery store," West added. "But don't feel sorry for me – I just did a shoot for Louis Vuitton. Don't worry about me, I'll be okay in the end."

1 comment: