11/16/2008

Common's CD Will Go For 99 Cents???

You talk about a freakin recession hittin brotha's and sista's hard... well you ain't heard the half of it. Common [click to read] was recently speaking in North Carolina. While there, he talked about his forthcoming album "Universal Mind Control [UMC]".

"I’m really excited about it and for me as long as I’ve been making music I always wanted to challenge myself. This album is a lot of free music, a lot of feel good music. I didn’t overthink the subject matters and made music you can dance too, ride out too, and have fun too. I wanted to give people something to smile about, enjoy, and let loose."

As we all know that damn near every artist has been vieing for the last spots for 4th quarter sales and releases, Common explained his own push-back.

"I originally was starting this album as an EP which was like a six song collection of songs. It was called Invincible Summer and I wanted to bring it out during the summertime. I did this film Terminator Salvation and I couldn’t finish the album in period I wanted to. I said, 'Man Universal Mind Control is the perfect title for the sound of the music. UMC fits the theme of what the album is about. That sounds like something from back in the days to something futuristic. Check me out on the website ThinkCommon.com, y'all can get the whole album for 99 cents the day the album is released, y'all can't beat that, my music is priceless."

No comments: