8/21/2008

Jeezy Says Phelps The Snowman of Swimming

It's been a long time comin now that the rap game has infultrated the pre-dominately white swim world. You can credit 8 time gold metalist Michael Phelps for that. But let Phelps tell it... it couldn't have been so successful without the help of the "Snowman", Young Jeezy.

Phelps typically listened to the Jeezy/R. Kelly collaboration “Go Getta” before hitting the pool, which Jeezy himself doesn’t find surprising. “All my music is inspirational,” he told Rolling Stone magazine. “You just gotta listen to the words and get what you can get out of it.”

I'm sure you can gather from what I'm saying that Michael Phelps is not only a fan of Young Jeezy, but a fan of the hip hop community itself. "I’m a big fan of Michael Phelps! He’s a great success. I like what he’s doing. He’s like the Young Jeezy of the swim world. I love it!" Jeezy stated in the interview.

During the interview, Jeezy revealed that he's been in touch with Michael Phelps' people and they definitely plan on doing something together. Jeezy hopes to maybe put on a concert of some sort for the folks of Phelps' hometown of Baltimore, Maryland. "We're definitely very proud of him back over here, real talk. You don’t go over there and win that many medals, man. Maybe he can lend me one for a video or something."

When asked if the "Snowman" himself goes swimming, "No, man. Somebody threw me in a pool once when I was younger and I had to work it out, but other than that, no."

No comments: