8/29/2008

Barack Made History

If you didn't watch it last night... get off my blog! I'm just kidding, but seriously, if you didn't watch the finale of the DNC when Barack Obama made history as the first black man announced his acceptance as the Democratic Nominee for the next President of the United States, then you missed out.

I was glued to the television all night until it went off. I wanted to be a part of the history and I wanted to be witness to the magnitude of the whole thing. It was an electrifying experience. I guess those 84,000 people that were in attendendace were punch drunk with ambition and hope from drinking the Barack Obama kool-aid!

Several things that Barack touched on last night ring out in my mind, but the one that resonates the most is when he said:
We don't work for us, we work so that the next generation will live better!
People tend to forget what legacies we are leaving behind. If we ruin what little we have now, what will our children and grandchildren have to look forward to?

2 comments:

Jenn Martinson said...

I was a little upset that he didn't really address MLK, considering the media had "45 anniversary of I Have A Dream" splashed on the screen. But I get it. I get that he has to appeal to everyone and not just be the FIRST BLACK president. So I forgive him because I want to see him in office. But, I was shocked at McCain's VP choice. If that wasn't a thinly veiled attempt at woo-ing the Pro-Hillary voters, I don't know what is!

Anthony said...

He made history alright, he's offically the worst president the united states ever had.
One-Big-Ass-Mistake-America!