8/17/2008

Queen Latifah Loses 20lbs On Jenny Craig

Since joining in the Jenny Craig movement back in January, Queen Latifah has dropped 20 pounds, and according to the Queen, that'll do!

“I’m not caught up in how big or small I am,” the actress/singer, 38, tells In Touch magazine of her weight-loss strategy, “Some people say they’re a skinny person trapped in a big girl’s body and I’ve never seen myself like that. I just feel like I could get a little healthier, so why not?” she says.

Queen was inspired to diet by a sobering statistic. “I had read that if you lost 5 percent of your body weight, you could cut your chances of things like heart disease in half. Jenny Craig mentioned the same statistic to me, so we connected on a health level.” Queen, whose favorite meal is Jenny’s meatloaf, now plans to stay with the company on a maintenance program. “I feel good. I don’t feel all bloated and tired after a meal,” she says. “I haven’t had to sacrifice anything that I normally eat, I just eat a little bit less of it.” At her heaviest, 5'10" Queen Latifah had reached close to 240 pounds. She says she is happiest at the 195 to 215 pound range: “I don’t want to be skinny.”

No comments: