8/24/2008

Tyrese Has It All Laid Out

Tyrese is one of the many black actors in Hollywood who hasn't tried to put his hands in too many pots. Aside from being a very talented singer, he's also damn good at acting. Having been in the entertainment industry for 10 years, and having done movies such as Baby Boy, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Four Brothers, and the spectacular version of Transformers, Tyrese sees his career as just beginning.

The 29 year old has crafted a finely tuned plan for his career. Tyrese spoke with Pop Wrap's Jarret Weiselman and laid it out on the table as if he was writing his masterpiece novel.

Chapter 1: Soak It Up"I specialize in sponging off veterans. I want to know what you know. It's one thing for people to talk about what they do, it's another to see it.

Chapter 2: Where There's a Will, There's a Way "Some of the best advice I ever got was from Will Smith: 'You can tell how far your life and career will go based on the five people you spend most of your time with.'

Chapter 3: Think Long Term"When I read 'Death Race,' it felt like a franchise. My plan is to be a part of films that people love and want to come back for the second and third ones.

Chapter 4: Patience is an Artform "They're getting a script together for 'Luke Cage' but the pressure of getting this right is probably greater than nailing "Spider-man" because it's bringing the first African-American comic book character to the big screen.

Chapter 5: Work Hard, Play Hard Shia LaBeouf is a great guy, he's like my party buddy because I do these parties and he's always showing up and showing love because there's a lot of beautiful talent showing up.

Chapter 6: Don't Spread Yourself Too Thin"I am going to get back to singing, I just can't see it happening any sooner than four years [from now].

Chapter 7: Never Stop Saying Thank You"I am beyond excited. I just love the space that I'm in right now.

Tyrese's latest movie, "Death Race" is in theaters now.

No comments: