8/27/2008

Wayne Brady Debuts His CD

My word... *deep painstaking SIGH*... Now we have Wayne Brady's cornball Jones self coming out with an album too? How much more foolishness can we stand?

On September 16 Wayne Brady will release his debut album on Peak Records/Concord Music Group titled - A Long Time Coming. I must admit, the Emmy Award winner is definitely an entertainer whose talent truly knows no boundaries. As a stage, screen and live performer Brady is unparalleled.

But now, he turns his attention to his first love: music. The 12-track R&B collection features Brady's own compositions standing side by side with his loving, inspired reinventions of such classics as Sam Cooke's "A Change is Gonna Come," The Beatles' "Can't Buy Me Love" and Stevie Wonder's "All I Do."

"I always thought that Wayne Brady was an amazingly talented performer with an incredible voice," says Andi Howard, president of Peak Records. "When asked by his producers if I would be interested in signing him as an artist to Peak my response was an emphatic, yes. Not only did he deliver a fabulous album, but an album that is extremely heartfelt and exceeded all expectations. It was indeed 'A Long Time Coming.'"

Brady linked with The Heavyweights, the superstar production team composed of Jack Kugell, Jamie Jones and Jason Pennock, to write and record the album. The Heavyweights' productions have sold more than 28 million albums and include work with such superstars as Jim Brickman, Martina McBride and Destiny's Child. The first single off the album entitled, "Ordinary," is a mid-tempo burner that pays tribute to the glorious simplicity found in every day life and love. Penned by the Heavyweights, Sarah Nagourney and Welford B. Walton II, the song is enhanced by Brady's nuanced, soulful delivery.

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

Lord
me next right

Anonymous said...

Hey Candy- Why don't you try acually LISTENING to his single/ album snippets, before you make any more "Cornball Jones" comments... I gave it a listen, honestly, out of morbid curiousity (kinda like driving slowly past a car crash), but DAMN.... The joke was on me, cuz Wayne can really sing!!!! I can't stop listening to his single "Ordinary", and will be buying the cd when it drops!!!

Kek said...

I JUST saw Wayne perform with the Dallas Symphony last night, and HE IS AWESOME. Multi-talented. He told the audience that while he liked doing comedy and acting, "I'm a singer first and foremost." It's just that he happened to fall into the other stuff before he truly got a chance to sing...and if his CD is half as good as what I heard last night, I'm putting in a pre-order for it!