8/30/2008

The Game Charged With Battery For Funeral Brawl

The Game has been reportedly charged with criminal battery for allegedly punching his cousin during a family funeral last month.

According to TMZ, the Hawthorne City Attorney officially charged the rapper (real name: Jayceon Taylor), after his cousin Robert "Kirky" Kirkwood filed a police report days after the funeral of Game's cousin and Kirkwood's sister.

The altercation was reportedly over money. Kirky told TMZ that he and Game got into an argument outside the church where the service was held, over the cost of the funeral, which he says the rapper agreed to pay for.

Kirky claims Game agreed to cover the funeral costs, but when it came time to pay up, the rapper left him and his family with the bill.

Game later explained that he felt as though his relatives were trying to extort money from him when he felt it wasn't his obligation.

The rapper said he did agree to pay for the casket and flowers, but Kirky's family rejected to the offer.

"I feel like they were just trying to play me out of [$17,000]," Game said during an interview on Arizona's 98.3 radio station back in July. "I talked to my mom about it. My mom said 'you should pay for the casket and the flowers, if you wanna do anything.' They rejected that because they wanted me to pay for the whole thing."

After the family squabble, where Game allegedly punched Kirky, the rapper said his family was now his worst enemy.Referencing a line from the late Notorious B.I.G. Game said, "Mo money, mo problems. Now, my family is my worst enemy. I hate them more than I hate 50 man."

According to TMZ, Game is currently on probation for a previous firearms offense -- which landed him in jail earlier this year -- and if convicted of this new battery charge, a judge could violate him and throw in jail.

No comments: