10/11/2008

Magic Accused of Faking Aids?

I swear... this world is going to hell in a nice pretty pink and white hand basket! If I didn't know any better, I'd think this election is bringing out the bigot in all the pink-toes. That's just my opinion. Anyways, on Wednesday two Minneapolis talk radio hosts at KTLK accused Magic Johnson of faking his HIV/AIDS.

Chris Baker and Langdon Perry made the remarks during Baker's conservative talk show on Wednesday. The context for the remarks wasn't clear. According to a partial transcript and audio clip posted on a media watchdog site, mediamatters.org, the remarks came after a caller complained about demands on workers. How in the hell that ties in to Magic and HIV/AIDS is beyond me, but Perry responded by asking about treatable diseases that a person can live with for a long time.

"If you just get some basic drugs."Baker responded,

"Like Magic Johnson?"Perry replied,

"Like Magic with his faked AIDS. Magic faked AIDS."Baker said,

"You think Magic faked AIDS for sympathy?"Perry replied,

"I'm convinced that Magic faked AIDS."

"Me too," Baker said.

Magic issued a statement on Thursday saying that he was outraged by the comments that Baker and Perry said. That he couldn't understand how they could try to minimize such a serious and deadly issue.

"Millions are dying from HIV/AIDS, and the fact that they would make jokes about my status is unbelievable," Johnson said. "Chris and Langdon and KTLK should use their power in a more positive light by encouraging people to get tested for this disease instead of making up such ridiculous lies."

Back in 1991, Magic was diagnosed with HIV and subsequently retired from the NBA at 32 years old and still in his prime. I remember when it came out, a friend of mine took it really bad. Magic was one of his idols back then and for many young aspiring basketball players it was a shock and big disappointment. But it's life. And this is what happens when you don't protect yourself. But for these two assholes to say that he FAKED his status??? Are you kidding me? Who in their right mind would risk coming out with such devastating news. Not just to family and friends but to the entire world!!!!!!! You know... these necons are killin me with their closet racism issues. I'd like to take each one of them and shove them into the worst crime ridden neighborhoods in America and let those residents just have their way with them!!! I wouldn't even care what happened to them! I'm for real when I say this too! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I'm not prejudice but I'll admit, I'm damn near on the brink of destruction with it this year!!!

No comments: