10/20/2008

Project Runway's Korto A Fan Favorite

If you're an avid fan of Project Runway like I am, then you would know who Korto Momolu is. On the reunion show, Korto was voted the fan favorite and received a check for $10k.

Even though she came in second on the show, she still remained numero uno to a lot of fans.

Explaining her vote as "fan favorite" for the fifth season, the 33-year-old Liberia-born designer told E! Online it must be because "People relate to me. I'm real. I cry when it's time to cry, and I pout when it's time to pout. I'm a mama, I'm a wife, I'm an immigrant. I got booty."

Korto admits that her ample backside has its own set of devoted fans. "I'm like, Lord Jesus help me if one more shot of my butt is shown on TV," she told E! at Martell Cognac's finale screening party at L.A. hot spot STK. "I found a Web site dedicated to my butt! It's hilarious. He writes things like, 'Oh, my god! They're gonna show her booty again next week!'"

Despite Korto being my favorite on the show as well, her line was the most elegant and stayed true to her African roots by combining vibrant fabric and an ethnic sensible with her use of stones and stitching. You could wear any of Korto's designs to a cocktail event, or red carpet arrival or just because you want to look exceptionally fierce and pretty that day.

The reality show star says she plans on moving from Arkansas to Philadelphia, preferring to steer clear of designer-friendly cities such as New York or Los Angeles. "My parents live close by in Jersey," she explained. "I figured it would be a good place because it has grass. I want my daughter growing up seeing grass. There's no grass in New York. There's a tree every now and then. I live in Arkansas. There are leaves, flowers."

When asked who her dream client to work with would be, she responded a resounding, "Oprah! I've been stalking her for like five years...Just everything she stands for. She's freakin' Oprah. She's up and down like me and she traced her roots back to Liberia, where I'm originally from. We have that connection. I think I should be one of her favorite things next year." Check out her line below at the Bryant Park season finale.