10/14/2008

DJ Drama Speaks On T.I. Being A Changed Man

DJ Drama recently did an interview, and he had some pretty astonishing words to say about how T.I. has changed his life for the better.

“Man, I don’t really know how to explain it,” said DJ Drama, Tip’s resident turntablist. “Blessings are coming — rightfully so. Even Sunday night, Tip said to me, ‘If M.I.A. doesn’t do the song tonight, we can’t do that song. The song is too big. It’s an event.’ To have that song on your roster, to come out with an album and the shows we’ve been doing, it’s powerful. It’s a lot of statements. It shows where he is in his career. DJ Drama goes on to say that Paper Trail is to T.I. what The Blueprint was to Jay-Z. “Clearly, I think it’s good management, and everybody is playing their part for Tip to be able to work on a movie 'Bone Deep', put the album out and do these shows and still finish up his other obligations,” Dram said. “On the other aspect, on the off day we had in New York, he spent it with his kids, taking them to the movies and to the pier. We also been doing ‘The Tyra Banks Show‘ and ‘The View.’ He’s steady showing his place. Showing the hats he wears. If he’s tired, I can’t tell. But he’s still a pretty young guy. He can handle it. It’ll be fine.”

No comments: