10/05/2008

Jim Jones Responds To "Swagger Like Us"

T.I.'s "Swagger Like Us" is quickly turning into the next "A Milli" controversy. From everybody in their mama remaking it, to being envious for not being asked to be on it; and Mr. Dirt Bag himself Jim Jones wants to speak on T.I.'s "swag".

Jimmy has just recorded his own version of the swag laced track, with his own titled, "Jackin Swagger From Us". Jims version will feature Juelz Santana and Lil Wayne, who was on Tips song, along with a re-recorded hook from M.I.A. and a new beat by Chink Santana. Check out the interview that Jim did with Complex magazine where he talks on how he feels about being "left out" of the "Swagger Like Us" joint:

Complex: You and Juelz are all about that swag-splashing. How do you feel about not being included on “Swagger Like Us”?
Jim Jones: I think it was deliberate. I really do think it was deliberate; maybe in my sick twisted mind I’m a little crazy. People know who set the precedent as far as fashion in this industry and people know who damn near changed the world as far as fashion. You look at people, they went from the urban world of clothing, back when Rocawear and Sean John was cool. And then in the past 5 years I stepped in and gave them a taste of what rock and roll looks like from my side. I guess people would say from an urban side, and it seemed to catch on like wildfire, to the point that people was going to stores and asking for that Jim Jones look. Me and Juelz had Chink do our own beat, I have Weezy’s verse in my inbox right now and we kept the hook of that song because it was a sample. So we’re going to put that as a bonus track on the album, and put it to the streets. “No one on the corner got swag like you we don’t Rocawear that’s for fags like you.” [Laughs.]

Complex: Ahhh…
Jim Jones: And look at the Vibe cover. Tell me who Jay-Z looks like in there? Did you see the picture of him? With the Louis Vuitton scarf and all that. Who did that resemble? You can say it. But he did it wrong; he had a Gucci belt with a Louis Vuitton scarf. Who does that? You smell me? That’s like wearing one Nike and one Puma; how you going to get away with that? But I didn’t take the song as a shot, because I don’t feel like none [besides Weezy] of them possess any swag.

Complex: What about T.I?
Jim Jones: I don’t feel like he possesses any swag. Not like that. It’s fabricated. They’re watching other people, then they try and do it. You know people that dress like T.I.? You know people that go out and say let me get a T.I. outfit or do you know people who say “yo, you’re looking like Jim Jones?” Which one? Lemme hear it! When the bitches want to fuck you and the niggas want be like you, who got the swag? Niggas with money and fame always going to look like they doing something ’cause they got the camera in front of them. But the cool dudes always stick out no matter where they at.

You know what Jim... I think you're right! You are ab-so-toot-a-lutely right that you are crazy and ya mind is definitely twisted! Ain't nobody tryin to copy you dude! But my question is... are you pullin a 50 here? Trying to start some mess to sell your records? Wow! If you have so much swag... then your records would sell themselves right? So you go after everybody on Tips song, but Wayne? Why? Because you know that Wayne is damn near mentally unstable and won't give a *uck about you. Thus far, you went after Kanye, he didn't bite back. You went after Jay, no bite either. Now T.I... hmmm... you're doing some major fishing here boy! Obviously your bait ain't worth the 2cents you paid for it! Try again buddy!

No comments: