8/06/2008

Oprah... can I just have $1?

Saying the name Oprah just screams MONEY doesn't it? Well if you don't think so, here's some information to change your mind. TV Guide revealed she makes $385 million a year! Do you hear me people... A year!

That means she makes at least one million dollars a day - at least $43,000 an hour. Do you know what I make an hour? 3 packs of Skittles. Yeah, I get paid in candy; Oprah's buying gumdrop forests and I'm still saving up to buy Candyland.

Ignore just how astronomical that sum is for one second and explain how one even goes about calculating that amount of cash? Do calculators even go up to $385,000,000? Forget the addition, think about what Oprah could do with that money? She has the ability to give every single person in the United States $1 to vote for Barack Obama and still have $81 million left over as fancy hat money. And that's just one year's earnings - O ain't leaving this planet any time soon. She's only 54 years old!

Most people would think "well played, Oprah" upon hearing that figure - it is an incredible accomplishment - but I think the smartest player in this game is Gayle King. You don't want to earn the money, you want to be linked up with the ATM, I mean, friend. Let's recall that Gayle even got to have her own show for a while, just cuz. That, my friends, is one smart ladyfriend.

1 comment:

Jenn Martinson said...

Maybe we should move to Africa so she can pay for us to go to school