8/04/2008

Purse Obsession: Juicy Courture Gossip Hobo

I'll be the first to admit that I'm so not a fan of Juicy Couture; simply because it has the whole teeny bopperish feel whenever I look at most of their stuff... so no, I'm not a fan. I don’t like wearing sweats out of the house, making their signature track suits useless in my wardrobe, and I’m definitely not a fan of the trend of wearing messages across my ass, a communication tool that their creators pioneered.

I have noticed, however, that with the changing of the seasons, there is also a changing in the way Juicy is marketing their items. Juicy Couture has started to get their grown-up act together a bit. This weekend, I was with a girlfriend doing some shopping in Lenox Mall and noticed that Juicy Couture managed to prove me wrong about their line of accessories. I noticed the black hobo immediately sitting on the purse rack and was instantly drawn in. I typically try to steer clear of black bags because I have a thousand of them as it is, but this one looked so soft and I've always been a fan of the hobo! I can’t find any information on what type of leather the bag is composed of, but based on how incredibly soft and unstructured it was, I’m guessing lamb. The official photography is misleading, as it is with a lot of super-soft bags - in real life, the hobo part is taller, the arm opening smaller, and the shape altogether more reminiscent of the Gucci Horsebit Hobo, except much less expensive and much more comfortable on the shoulder. The diagonal strips of leather give the otherwise-neutral bag a bit of visual interest, and the way the strap is attached is beautiful in person and shows tremendous creativity and attention to detail - they certainly didn’t have to make the bag this special, or out of this type of wonderful leather, to justify their very reasonable price tag... which is a mega $450. And with the way this recession is hitting our asses... my sweet little hobo will eventually turn into a damn bum if it's waiting on me to bring it home out of the cold!

No comments: