7/23/2008

Gossip Girl: Teenage or Parental Discretion Is Advised?

OMFG!!! I think we all know that stands for "Oh My *ucking Gawd" right? Well not according to the big wigs at CW. A few months back, the network came under fire for the racy poster for the new hit show on the network titled "Gossip Girl". Gossip Girl revolves around the lives of socialite young adults growing up on New York's Upper East Side who attend elite academic institutions while dealing with sex, drugs, jealousy, and other teenage issues. Do these posters reflect the world of a teenager? My daughter begged me to get her the series of these books, but after I found out that all of this type of stuff is what goes on... Oh No SUH! It wasn't goin down like that. How is it that "they" can post these types of posters all over town? And no political organization jumps on them to take it down immediately? Ahhh, it's because of the absense of the melanin in their skin. I hate to just come out and say it, but we all know what I'm talking about. And either way, it's not right. What do you think?

No comments: