8/05/2008

Tyra Banks as Michelle Obama?

Tyra has done it again. This time, she's gone and posed as Michelle Obama in the September issue of Harpers Bizaare. The magazine casted her as First Lady while she reflects on being a model citizen and the politics of fashion. Clad in a slinky black shift dress and pearls, she poses next to a Barack Obama look-a-like in the White House.

"When Barack won the nomination, I just started bawling," Banks, 34, says in the issue which will be on shelves on August 19th. "I started calling all these people, and everybody was talking to me like I was crazy. They’re like, ‘Well, he hasn’t won yet,’ but I’m like, ‘Yes, he has, because he’s gotten this far.

"So what gives me tears is if Barack Obama wins, kids are going to say that a black man can be president, too," she goes on. “I think it will give so many people – black, Latin, Asian, even white people that feel forgotten – hope. I did not think I would see it in my lifetime, and I’m only 34.”

I'm not mad at Tyra for this. At least she's portraying the Obamas in a positive light and not something that the media would have turned into a damn three ring circus.

No comments: