12/14/2008

To Wing Or Not To Wing... That Is The Ultimate Question!

I was just over at my boy TCJ Fresh's spot, and he recently did a post on some of the crazy names that you see at some wing spots throughout the city. I must agree with him, you can find some crazy ass names for different wings spots and sometimes you notice that they're all trying so hard not to infringe on other wing spot names.

It's kind of like the owners are thinking, "How do we distinguish ourselves from all of the gazillions of other wing joints in our city?"... which is a damn good question. Like, the names almost become redundant if you don't throw a lil pazazz on it. I've seen names like 'Wingaling', 'Wings Over Miami', "Just Wing It', or 'Got Wings?'. It's almost funny how everyone tries to put their own spin on something that is the same as the next wing spot.

Still, I haven't found that one spot here in Atlanta that just stands out on wings. It's not hard to find in Cali, where I'm from, but here in Atlanta, it seems like everybody is cooking with the same recipe. If you live here in Atlanta, or anywhere in the U.S. or wherever... I want to hear about your favorite wing joints!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to hit cafe Hot Wing on Chamblee Tucker, by the pool hall. The wings Bang!