8/08/2008

Kanye Preaches To The Masses

Ya boy Kanye has stepped back on his soapbox to let you suck ass dudes know that Soulja Boy is not killing hip hop. His recent rant was made during his "Glow In The Dark" tour at Madison Square Garden in NYC. Despite interupting the flow of the concert and the electric vibe reverberating through the crowd, the Chi-town rapper dazzled concert goers with his trademark showmanship, but he also puzzled them with an unexpected lecture. The outspoken entertainer urged fans to lay off Soulja Boy and to be more respectful to gays. [Watch here]

"How is Soulja Boy killing hip-hop?" He had one of the biggest songs of the summer. If anything, he's helping keep it alive. You don't have to be Lil' Wayne in order for people to say your sh** is fresh. Open y'all's f***in' minds. Be accepting of different people. Let people be who they are."

Kanye's speech was greeted with booing from some in the crowd, but Mr. West went on to deliver a message about homophobia in hip-hop. Perhaps this is a slight response to Jim Jones, who has questioned West’s manhood as part of his on going beef with Grammy Award winner.

“You know how many people came at me, calling me ‘gay’ cause I wear my jeans the fresh way? Or ’cause I said, ‘Hey, dude, how y’all gonna say ‘f**’ right in front of a gay dude’s face and act like that’s OK?’ That sh** is disrespectful. It took me time to break out of the mental prisons I was in. The stereotypes of the fear of the backlash that I would get for believing in what I believe in, for accepting people for who they are.”

Obviously Kanye is not interested in a verbal match with Jim Jones. He didn’t address the issue at his show, which happened to be right in Jimmy’s backyard—MSG. So I guess that means the “Tight Jeans” competition that many of you suggested they have will not be going down. It’s a shame. I was thinking it would be great if they raced up 125th street in their tightest jeans, with a gay guy on your back (no homo) that would settle everything.

No comments: