6/21/2009

Beauty 101: Eyelash Curlers

Ok. I'll admit it. Even though I have big beautiful brown eyes topped off with big bold eyelashes, I have to admit that I never used an eyelash curler until about a month ago. And truth be told... I'm kicking myself for waiting this long to do so. These things are great! I would always walk by them when I would go down the isle on my way to my favorite mascara but never jumped the ledge into the world unknown. I always figured that I was doing well enough simply because my lashes are long and the added boost that I get from my mascara made my eyes go goo-goo-ga-ga to all the boys!

Any professional makeup artist will tell you that one of the key factors to making eyes stand out is to curl your lashes! Ok. So sue me for following the Hollywood trend! Using an eyelash curler can instantly add that extra va-va-va voom and length to your lashes that will make your peepers pop! Many people are afraid to use the clunky, cosmetic contraption, but it really is easy to use. Here are some tips to make the experience a little easier:

Step 1. Use on mascara-free eyes
Step 2. Use a blow-dryer to heat the curler to ensure curling power
Step 3. Open the curler and clamp lashes near the root...apply for 10-30 seconds
Step 4. Apply mascara Tarte Picture Perfect Eyelash Curler available at sephora.com for $15.

No comments: