6/21/2009

Grey's Anatomy Star T.R. Knight Goin Bye-Bye

It's official folks... no more rumors here! George O'Malley is no longer a resident at Seattle Grace.

T.R. Knight has released a statement confirming his departure.

"Leaving Grey's Anatomy was not an easy decision for me to make. I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to play this character and will miss my fellow cast and crew very much. I continue to wish them the very best, and wholeheartedly thank all of the fans who have supported me and the show with such passion and enthusiasm."

While all of this is going on, the show's creator Shonda Rhimes followed T.R.'s statement with one of her own:

“I think I speak for the entire Grey’s Anatomy family when I say we wish T.R. Knight the best in his future endeavors. He is an incredibly talented actor and a person whose strength of character is admired by all of us.”

The official confirmation comes just hours after word leaked that Knight's co-star and real-life BFF Katherine Heigl will be sticking around next season. It was reported earlier this week that T.R. is currently in talks to headline a Broadway revival of Lend Me a Tenor.

If you're a follower of Grey's Anatomy, then you'll remember that T.R. is more than likely the reason why one of the shows former cast members, Isaiah Washington, is no longer there. JMO.

No comments: