6/06/2009

Soulja Boy Respects Jay Z's Hustle!

Just when I was getting ready to classify Soulja Boy as one of the living dead, he finally admits how immature he's been. Granted the boy is only 18 years old, but still. Anyways, someone made a comment about Soulja Boy having aspirations to have Kanye, Lil Wayne and Jay Z on his next album entitled, The DeAndre Way.

"Wayne and Kanye can probably do the album, but Jay wouldn't work," the commenter wrote in. "The people that listen to Soulja Boy, for some reason, think Jay is wack or, as DonDelVita, puts it 'he's lame.' And for that reason, doing a record with Soulja Boy would be pointless, because the younger generation don't respect him."

Hot diggity deezam!!! Someone feels the same way I do. The kids that listen to Soulja Boy don't know how to appreciate artists like Jay Z or even Kanye. If they're not talkin about ridin on 24s, how much swag they're surfin on, or where da big booty hoes at, they ain't feelin it.

Here's what Soulja Boy had to say about Jay Z:
"Jay-Z, I always respected him," Soulja told us. "Always. But I didn't always like his music. I guess because I was too young, and I couldn't understand what he was saying. ... I got signed when I was 16 years old. Before I got signed, I heard the song, and I was like, 'That's Jay-Z.' My favorite song from him was 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder.' I guess I liked the beat or the way he was flowing on there. Any other song I used to hear, I ain't really vibe with it like that. I used to listen to a lot of Down South artists like Three 6 Mafia or Gucci Mane. But recently, since I'm older now and I grew up, I like Jay-Z now. I'm a fan of his music. At first, I used to just respect him because he was Jay-Z; now I'm a fan of his music and I wanna work with him. In the car ride over here, we was listening to 'Brooklyn Go Hard,' " he added. "He said, 'I'm Jackie Robinson — I jack, I rob, I sin.' I didn't know he was snapping like that. Back then, I couldn't understand none of what he was saying."

No comments: