6/09/2009

What Do The Autotune Kings Say About Jigga's D.O.A.

We already know that Jay-Z's latest single "D.O.A." (Death of Autotune) is basically taking shots at the gobs of music artist that have adopted the latest recording craze. Well the kings of the autotune device, T-Pain, who brought the whole Zapp and Roger-Computer Love gimmick back to life, and Ron Browz, who has done every song he has with this damn thing, have something to say about Jigga's new song.

T-Pain was actually honored. LOL!!!
“That affected me in a great way man,” Pain said in an interview about the song. “And I made sure I honored him, it’s a great song. That’s like the best song I’ve heard in a couple of years. It’s great that somebody that important stepped up and vouched for me. That just makes me ready to come back out and do my thing.”

That was T-Pain... of course he's a bit more mature; but Ron Browz on the other hand... well he pretty much doesn’t give a direct opinion on Jigga’s “D.O.A.” track telling Miss Info
“I’m just doing my thing pretty much.” Browz went on to work around the question saying, “I make fun records that everybody sing-a-long and that’s what I’ma continue to do. I’m contributing to hip-hop…Hip-Hop at the end of the day is fun. So I just took autotune to have some fun with it. Snoop did it, he was having fun with it. Pain, Lil Wayne and 50 Cent played around with it for a minute, it’s just fun…That’s like sampling is out, oh no, you can’t sample records any more? Sampling is a part of hip-hop…At the end of the day, a hot record is a hot record and a whack record is a whack record, if it’s got autotune or not. The streets are gonna tell you.”

He's actually right about that! By the way folks... Jay Z's 'Blueprint 3' comes out 9/11.

No comments: