8/01/2008

Big Boi and Killer Mike Beef Continues

More rap beefs, but this one is a bit old... not super old, but old enough. Former labelmates Big Boi of Outkast and Killer Mike, are still exchanging words of who's the boss and who ain't the boss. I like Killer Mike and everything, but Big Boi is an icon in the game. Mike is talkin waaaay to much trash to not be sellin no records. Look at the track record dude. Big and Dre are living legends. A lot of people are wondering if Big and Andre 3000 are still cool and Big Boi had this to say about their relationship:

"We're still cool. We're still doing music together. I still talk to him. He still talk to me. He's putting out his solo record after I put out mine and then we're putting out another Outkast record," Big Boi stated in regards to his relationship with Andre 3000. "All that is just fine and well. We're just growing up a little but, got different interests but still got love for the music."

When asked about his relationship with Killer Mike... not so good things were said:
"We had the label and everything. Things were going kind of good but in between, looking for distribution, things weren't moving fast enough for certain artists. So, Killer Mike came to me and said 'I think I wanna go elsewhere.' So, I said 'You can go. All the bread you owe me, all that other stuff, just wipe that tab clean. I ain't tryin' to hold no man.' I let him go do his thing. Then I started hearing rumors talkin' 'bout 'He fired his boss.' I'm like, 'How the fuck you fire a boss, nigga?'" Later, Big Boi explained that people witnessed Mike tearing down Purple Ribbon banners at showcases in Atlanta.

"I don't play that shit. So, we went to go see Killer Mike." According to Big Boi, one of the members in his entourage asked Mike to speak with them about the situation. When Mike declined, stating he'd only speak to Big Boi, he made a comment about the rest of the entourage being "flunkies." For the rest of the story click here

No comments: