8/12/2008

Diddy and Lauri Ann Gibson Back Together Again

The last time Sean "Diddy" Combs had to deal with choreographer Laurie Ann Gibson, he was firing her from season one of Making the Band after they got into a heated argument.

Gibson even filed a police complaint against Combs, alleging he lifted a chair and threatened her. My, have things changed.

Gibson has been rehired for the MTV reality series' third season.

What the heck?

"We had this relationship before MTV," Gibson tells me of her 11 years or so of working with Combs. "So there was a place of, 'Can we put this behind us? I believe in who you are. Do you still believe in who I am? We have something bigger than the show.' And, of course, businesswise, it was definitely in my best interest to take the challenge to move forward and put it behind me." Combs and Gibson's reunion was filmed (duh!) and will be shown during the season premiere Aug. 19. "I said, 'No chairs and no entourage,' " Gibson says of seeing her new old boss again. "There were no chairs, except the ones we were sitting on, and there was no entourage."

Gibson insists the feud was real and not made-for-reality-TV fakery. "This is the business, and people should know what it takes to make it and stay alive," she says, adding, "I feel like the good girl might have won this time."

No comments: