6/15/2009

Raheem DeVaughn Releases FREE Mixtape

Self-proclaimed R&B hippie Neo-Soul Rock Star, Raheem DeVaughn, released his newest album today, The Art of Noise. Taking inspiration from the message given at the presidential inauguration of Barack Obama of reaching out during tough economic times, DeVaughn's mixtape is available free for download [here].

“These are difficult times we are living in and everyone is affected, directly or indirectly," DeVaughn said in a statement. "We all know someone that has lost a job, a house, or simply struggling just to make ends meet. If we all do a little, no one has to do a lot.”

Although the 15 track mix cd project will be released through his newly launched record label, 368 Music Group, DeVaughn has expressed his belief that the entertainment industry has a responsibility to give something back to the fans.

“This current climate that we live in, affects me too. If my fans lose their jobs and their homes, and can’t put food on the table, they definitely cannot buy my music. They should not have to make that choice. Many of my fans tell me that they love me and I’ve always said that I love them back. This is my way of showing them that love. I want to show love to my fans by giving them the Raheem DeVaughn music that they want."

Those of us who love Raheem know him for his soulful sound, and strong conscious messages, which have earned him two Grammy nods and critical acclaim. The Art of Noise is a prelude to his third album, The Love and War of MasterPeace, due out later this year.

No comments: