6/19/2008

June Is Gay Pride Month

I just want to give a shout out to all of my same-sex lovers out there. June is Gay Pride month and it's being celebrated in a big way. Gay pride, or LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) pride advocates work for equal "rights and benefits" for LGBT people. The movement has three main premises: that people should be proud of their sexual orientation and gender identity, that sexual diversity is a gift, and that sexual orientation and gender identity are inherent and cannot be intentionally altered. Marches celebrating Pride are celebrated worldwide. Symbols of LGBT pride include the rainbow flag, the Greek lambda symbol, and the pink as well as black triangles reclaimed from their past use.

I know that the month is almost over, but I try to strive to reach all of my readers and show love to everyone. I felt that I must show some love to the LGBT community because, just like heterosexuals, they can not help who they love. We all have our own demons to fight with, so who are we to judge someone for a decision that they can't help? We love who we love! There is no other way to put it!

No comments: