6/25/2008

Shaq Stripped of His Sheriffs Badge!

I really hate to say this but I'm glad that this has happened. The Maricopa Sheriffs office where Shaquille O'Neal was made a "speacial deputy" and "colonel", has stripped the bumbling wanna be rapper of his badges. This action comes in response to the widely talked about and publisized "freestyle" that Shaq gave using the n-word, and other obscenities. Sheriff Joe Arpaio didn't like this not one bit.

“I want his two badges back,” Arpaio said to The Associate Press on Tuesday (Jun 24). “Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they’re fired. I don’t condone this type of racial conduct.” I totally agree with him. Whether it's within the black community or outside of it, it's still considered a racial epithet and still should not be accepted when we are referring to one another.

Sheriff Arpaio went on to say that while he didn’t expect his word to teach Shaq a lesson, he hoped the Phoenix Suns center would learn that as a role model who wants to be a full-time sheriff one day, he needs to know his words matter. “Maybe I’m old fashioned,” continued Arpaio, who made headlines in the Hip-Hop world earlier this year for his tough prosecution of rapper DMX, “but I don’t think that either conduct should be out there publicly, even if media wasn’t there.”

Shaquille, went on ESPN, Monday June 23, to explain the whole controversy. Shaq claims it was "all in fun", and that he has no beef with Kobe. Uhhh yeah! Ok!

No comments: