6/29/2008

Erykah Badu In Tom Ford Fragrance Ads

The often outspoken songstress Erykah Badu, is the new face of White Patchouli, which is the new fragrance by Tom Ford.

In a picture that is reminiscent of an early 80's Diana Ross, Erykah channels her sexy/desirous side to push the international icon's product. This ad campaign is Ms. Badu's first of it's kind. It is however pretty surprising that Erykah is pumping somebody else's oils, other than something of her own.

Patchouli is a fragrance is can be smelled buring at more environmental, hippie, or early rock events. It is definitely something that Erykah would promote though. Congrats to the girl for that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People actually WANT to smell like patchouli? I went to a school in the mountains and only the no-showering hippies wore that stuff. It burns my nose hairs.

Amanda said...

Okay Erykah…I see you! I give her props for branching out and doing something a little out of her element. She looks like she could be a real model in this photo, and she still has a little "Badu" twist in there. That's what I love about her...she's not afraid to let her own personal afro-centric style shine through in anything that she does. That's what's up! She kind of reminds me of Bianca from Toyota's "If Looks Could Kill" series. Have you ever heard of her? If not then you have to check her out. She's a bad one you guys.

The webisodes follow an aspiring fashion assistant, Bianca Turner (played by Femi Emiola, Wicked Wicked Games), who is a prime example of a woman who’s got it going on. I’m talking the dream job, a man who’s got all the ladies drooling, and the spice to keep it all together when hell hits the fan. I work for Toyota by the way, so you know I've got the scoop. Think James Bond meets Sanaa Lathan in “Something New”, Bianca is the girl who isn’t afraid to run in her Louboutin heels!

Link: http://www.iflookscouldkill.com

You’ll have to see what I’m talking about. Don’t forget to check out the third episode—To Paris With Love—which is available today (6/30). This girl is definitely a ride or die chick, especially when it comes to daddy’s little girl! She’s kind of like today’s Foxy Brown, don’t you think? You’ve probably already been reeled in so don’t stop now.

I hope I didn’t overstep my bounds by directly contacting you. After viewing your blog and seeing how hip to the game you are when it comes to what’s hot and current, I figured this would be something that would catch your interest.

Looking forward to the girl talk!

Best,
Amanda Clouden
ILCK Ambassador
Amanda.Clouden@yahoo.com