6/27/2008

The Real Housewives of Atlanta

For it's third season, Bravo has brought the "Real Housewives" series to Hotlanta. I can assure you that this season won't be like the last two that were in California and New York. I just have a strange feeling this is going to be a little more street sassy than corporate pompous like the others were.

The cast will consist of 5 ladies who are either married to atheletes, used to be married to athletes, or aspiring entrepreneurs. Below is the names of the ladies that will be appearing on the show, which airs on July 30 at midnight. But I'm trying to figure out if the show is supposed to be the "Real HOUSEWIVES"... why are there single women on here? Of course I've seen the other two seasons and I know they had single women too. But try to stay with the theme of the show Bravo. Maybe they couldn't find any housewives willing to open their lives up to the world. I'm sure this is major exposure for these ladies, so it's obvious they don't mind.

-DeShawn Snow (above): Snow and her husband Eric, captain of the Cleveland Cavaliers, recently moved to their dream home in Alpharetta, GA. Mother to three boys - nine-year-old EJ, six-year-old Darius and five-year-old Jarren, Snow is an active member of the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. She exercises her faith by running The DeShawn Snow Foundation, a non-profit organization focused on improving self-esteem in teenage girls. She is a regular on the Atlanta social circuit and extremely active in local philanthropy, sitting on the board of three different charities, all while expertly juggling her busy social calendar with being an NBA wife and keeping up with her boys.

Kim Zolciak: Zolciak lives in an exclusive gated townhouse community in Duluth, GA with her two children, 11-year-old Brielle and six-year-old Ariana. Zolciak is single, but happily dating with hopes to marry again in the near future. She also has her sights set on fame in the music business as a country singer, and is currently working with Grammy award-winning mega-producer Dallas Austin and will begin recording an album later this year. A staple on the Atlanta scene, Zolciak balances life as a single mom with a vivacious social life. (Under that name, I have found zero info about her.)

Lisa Wu Hartwell: Hartwell, a resident of a luxurious country club community in Duluth, GA, is a busy career woman who wears many hats - she owns her own real estate firm, Hartwell & Associates, a jewelry line called Wu Girls, a baby clothing line, Hart 2 Hart Baby, and juggles a budding acting, modeling and writing career. She’s a devoted wife to her husband, NFL player Ed Hartwell, and their three children 13-year-old Jordan, ten-year-old Justin and one-year-old EJ. When she’s not running one of her many businesses or running after the kids, Hartwell is very active in Atlanta’s social scene

NeNe Leakes: Leakes is an active member of Atlanta society. She resides in the upscale Sugarloaf area of Atlanta with her husband Gregg, a successful real estate investor and business consultant, and their two sons, 18-year-old Brice and nine-year-old Brentt. Leakes donates her time to various foundations and is the founder of The Twisted Hearts Foundation, which brings awareness to domestic violence against women. Never one to sit still, the outspoken social butterfly also hopes to open a luxury boutique hotel in the very near future.

Sheree Whitfield: Single socialite Whitfield, a resident of the exclusive Sandy Springs area of Atlanta, juggles her busy home life with a packed social calendar. She is a busy working mother to three children -Tierra, Kairo and Kaleigh. Whitfield prides herself on her fashion sense, and owned her own upscale clothing boutique - Bella Azul - for years before closing up shop to focus on her next business venture, a clothing line called “She by Sheree.” Whitfield is opening a new chapter in her life as a single mom while balancing her entrepreneurial spirit and active social life.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since the cast is almost entirely black (it's about freakin time!) it will definately be interesting. I did love Jill and Bethenny from NY, though.

Anonymous said...

Sheree is a ghetto hot mess. She dates drug dealers and ALL. She messed around with this drug dealer from Memphis, Tn while she was still married. I think she was trying to keep this side of her on the DL. He is away in prison now doing 18 years. She wanted to leave BOB for this guy.

Anonymous said...

Ne Ne is not rich, and is not successful, nor is she part of the Atlanta social circle. She has MetroPCS as her phone carrier. I hope bravo captures the make believe world in which she lives in maybe she will go back to dancing at strip clubs where she was when she met Greg.

Anonymous said...

well well well move over superhead here comes nene leakes and we all know nene she swollow it so good . AND WILL DESTROY YOUR MARRIAGE.

Anonymous said...

Which one lives in Atlanta?
None-as far as I can tell.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I met Sheree Whitfield a while back she was doing a photo shoot I think someone told me it was for her workout dvd. Anyway when I found out she was going to be on the atlanta housewives show, I had to meet her, I love the real housewives shows. She was so nice and polite, it was a pleasure meeting her, much success to Sheree, cant wait to watch!

Anonymous said...

About Kim- there is a lot to know about her. And for the sake of my friend and her family, I refuse to disclose any information about her past. Let's just say she isn't the most trust worthy of people. I am glad she moved to GA. Life in CT is so much better without her.

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Atlanta, and don't aspire to do so. I live in Los Angeles, Ghetto County (yeah that part), and I know ghetto when I see it. I would hope that DeShawn maintains her identity in the midst of all of this drama, and pulls away from the crusty when she knows. She seems the exception who does know how to behave. Mind you I've only seen the preview.

Sheree, too bad the hardness in her personality shows in her face, it detracts from her beauty. All I could see when when she was trying on clothes was the face didn't fit the softness of her curves or the feminity of her clothes.

Lisa has my greatest respect. She is a business woman and determined to live a life of sufficiency that could stand on it's own merit.

Kim - when I see children genuinely scared of their own mother, it makes me take notice. I saw her daughters' reactions to just a look from their mother when they were only joking and I know there is more in private that brought about those reactions. I turned to my own child when Kim made it quite obvious that her boyfriend was paying for that automobile and said to her, "what do you think will happen to those children minds when their mother's multimillionaire boyfriend gets tired of her?" A man who does not want to be known on TV with his girlfriend, does not want to marry a woman who is eager for the public eye.

I left NeNe for last. She is from "my neck of the woods", not from LA but ghetto all the way. I don't even believe most of that hype about her, so-called, accomplishments. I'd venture to say it is all fabricated or bought. Someone who is as involved with charities and such as she is purported to be does not have the time to present themselves in such an unfavorable light as she, a person who actually does all that she is supposedly doing is not prone to look for street fights. I would attribute the work she claims to any other of these women with the exception of Kim. NeNe, by her own words, has been married for 10 years. For 20 or so her character was molded by her past, and she brought that past right along with her to the upper side.

NeNe's husband is ill, in case no one noticed. He may be suffering from the effects of years of alcoholism and bad eating, but he is ill. Besides, his obiviously weak palor, he could hardly move or speak during dinner, and he is in the process of changing the eating habits of his family, and when they were all walking together with the sons taking up the rear, he seemed to be holding onto his wife for dear life.

The show is going to be a blockbuster. I wouldn't put my dirty laundry in the streets for all to see, but I quite enjoy watching people making fools of themselves.

Anonymous said...

Here is my plan.I have a SLAMMING body. But unfortunately the last time I met a millionaire. I I cared about love not money. Big mistake. I should have had his baby, enjoyed$20,000 a month of child support.

Lesson learnt!

LadyofGrace said...

I cannot believe this! Is this what our young ladies have to look up to? Of all the beautiful and successful women in Atlanta, Bravo had to choose women that will make the black community and women in general look bad. Three of the five women cast have no creditable careers or society associations. The only ladies that actually belong on this reality show are Lisa Wu Hartwell and DeShawn Snow. This Bravo series will teach our young ladies to become gold diggers and low budget prostitutes. Now, don’t get me wrong to marry well is great but, we as women should have a means of support to live the exact same lifestyle with or without a wealthy mate. Also, I have no respect for a woman who has access to various resources and does nothing to enrich the community or builds her families net worth.