6/23/2008

Lil Mama Not Happy With Album Sales

Far be it from me to hate on somebody, but why am I just finding out that the album that was released in April, "Voice of the Young People", is Lil Mama's first??? Didn't "Lip Gloss" come out at the early part of last year? Wasn't this chick on a couple of remixes and didn't she have more than one single? According to Lil Mama, the problem is that her record label, Jive, has done poor promotion for the pint size rapper. "Voice of the Young People" only pushed a measley 19,000 units, and Lil Mama is not happy... not happy at all! She also says that Jive didn't expect for her album to do well because they only shipped out a small amount of copies to distributors.

"My fan base is out of this world and the youth really look up to me and I know for a fact my album wasn't promoted correctly because people would come up to me like, 'Oh your album is out?' Or, 'This is the second one?'" She said. "It's really disturbing to know that I signed with a company that didn't promote my record properly. Highly disturbing."

But aren't you on a very popular MTV show right now? And haven't you been given the spotlight to shine on other emcee's songs, so why not take matters into your own hands and pump ur own -ish?" That's just my take on it. Also, if you're not happy... then get out of it. I know it may be easier said than done, but you gotta do what you gotta do homie.

No comments: