6/27/2008

D'Angelo Is Coming Back!!!!!!

I love me some Michael Archer. I shant not post a bad picture about him! I don't care what he's looked like here recently... He will forever look like the picture above to me. Anyways, D'Angelo is coming back to us (Thank You Jesus!!!). He's been MIA from the music scene since 2000 when he released VooDoo. He is currently in the process of working on a new album which will be released sometime next year via J Records which bought D'Angelo's contract in 2005 from Virgin Records.

For his as-yet-untitled J debut, D'Angelo has already collaborated with Raphael Saadiq and also plans to record with John Mayer, according to a source. A single may be out before the end of the year. I am definitely looking forward to the reincarnation of my man D'Angelo. I know his new album is going to be hot! Just as long as he doesn't come out looking like that foolishness that we've seen. I don't know if my heart can take more of that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it doesn't matter what he looks like, as long as people can hear once again some of his wonderful music!!!

Anonymous said...

Contrary to what the directors of the "Untitled" video portrayed, it never has been about his looks. It was and always will be about his poetry, definition of soul, his passion for his heritage and the multiple levels of mad harmonies, music and God given talent. Irony is, without his "Voodoo" image, many females may not have paid him as much mind - beyond the Brown Sugar days. As for myself, his music speaks to me and I will always love him and pray for his spiritual enlightenment. I mean, how many other artists today will remake songs by both the Ohio Players (Heaven Must Be Like This) and Fela Kuti (Water No Get Enemy)?

Anonymous said...

You excepted Rick Ross, If D'Angelo is fat so what, he's still good and still cute.