6/05/2008

Monica Gets Hers!

Singer/songwriter and ATLien, Monica is set to have her own reality tv show. The show will air in August of this year and is titled The Single: Monica. I don't get the title but I'm assuming that it coincides with what is to be entailed in the show. It had first been reported by Media Take Out that Monica was going to be in the Bravo reality show Real Housewives Atlanta, but her manager came back and said no, that is not the case, but did say that she will have her own tv show. The show will air on Peachtree TV here in Atlanta and is being produced by James Dubose, who is the same guy that produced Keyshia Cole's reality series on BET.

“My main thing I hope to accomplish with this is, well, you know, I didn’t do things in my life in the order people may have felt I should have. But ultimately, I’ve found my balance." says Monica, who is the mother of two beautiful little boys and longtime girlfriend of rapper/producer Rodney "Rocko" Hill. “We’ve found our balance,” she continues, referring to her and Rocko. “As artists, as parents, and just as human beings. I hope this shows that.”

I will definitely be checking this show out. If it's anything like the Keyshia Cole series, it's going to be pretty good.

No comments: