6/10/2009

Queen Latifah Talks About Her Childhood

Everybody goes through struggles, even your favorite celebrities. Actress Queen Latifah recently revealed a dark secret from her past, dating back to when she was a child. In the July issue of Essense, the Queen talked about enduring sexual abuse as a child and surviving.
"He violated me," the Oscar-nominated actress says of a teenage male babysitter. "I never told anybody; I just buried it as deeply as I could and kept people at an arm's distance ... I never really let a person get too close to me," Latifah continued.
According to Latifah, that abuse would cause her problems for years to come, which is one of the reasons she's yet to marry.
"I could have been married years ago, but I had a commitment issue," Latifah explained.
Latifah appears on the July cover of Essense, which is on newsstands now.

No comments: