7/15/2009

50 Cent Removes Tats For Movie

Recognizing that conforming to the masses is usually how it goes down when you're a part of Hollywood, rapper 50 Cent was recently willing to sacrifice some of his body art to help solidify his acting career. After having to arrive early on the set of a recent movie he was filming to have his tattoos covered up, 50 realized that the process was becoming way too time consuming. To better accommodate things he had his most visible tattoos removed from his body.

"I took some of the tattoos off because on the movie set if we got a six o'clock call time, I have to be there two o'clock the night before", 50 said in a statement. "I gotta go through four hours of make up before we go ahead and play the role. So, I just took it off my arm. My right arm."

While some of 50's tats are gone he kept his noted "50 Cent" and "Southside" ink -- located on his back.The rapper-turned-actor is set to star alongside Val Kilmer, Sharon Stone and Michael Biehn, in a new film titled 'Streets of Blood,' which is centered around street gangs and corrupt law enforcement in post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans.

No comments: