9/15/2008

T.I. Responds To Child Support Case

The "King" has spoken! The King of the South that is. T.I. responded to the lawsuit filed against him by his ex-girlfriend and mother of two of his sons, demanding that she get increased child support payments.

As I reported last week, Tip is being sued by his ex, Lashon Dixon, who claims she is in dire need of more money. The 29 year-old has reportedly been receiving $2,000 a month for their two children, ages 7 and 8. Rather than demanding a specified amount, Dixon is asking a court to order a stipend equal to Tip’s financial success.

In a statement released today on Tip's website, StreetCred, T.I. explains that in addition to the monthly cash payments, he also funds the children’s health insurance, private education, clothing, food, gifts and other activities including various sports and acting lessons. He also claims that Dixon tries to live solely off of the child support payments by choosing not to work and that this is ultimately the cause for any financial woes she may be experiencing.

“I believe that it is every parent’s responsibility to provide unconditional love and support for their kids,” he said. “I have made every attempt to do so for my boys. I provide 100% of their financial support. I should only be judged for my actions and not Lashon’s conscience decision not to work and not to contribute to the financial support of our boys."

No comments: