9/03/2008

Beyonce Covers Marie Claire

Beyonce is starting her promo for her new album early. She's already debuting on the cover of the October issue of the U.K. Marie Claire. It's being said that she'll be covering quite a few mags during the fall and winter months, therefore, letting the rumors continue to fly about her album being released later on this year.

Either way, Bey looks great!

Just a few snippets from the issue:
Beyonce on why she uses her alter ego ‘Sasha’: “Things I do when I am performing I would never do ‘normally.’ I always wish I could feel the way I do on stage when I’m doing a movie because I have out of body experiences…I’m so fearless.”

Beyonce on who her song ‘Irreplaceable’ is about: “The obvious person is not the person at all.”

Beyonce on being a pop star: “There is a time limit on being a pop star yes, being a legend, an icon, absolutely not. I’m over being a popstar, I don’t wana be a hot girl — I wana be iconic. And I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot. I feel like I’m highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. And I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough.”

Beyonce on being a role model: “I think I’m opening doors for more black women, just like Halle Berry and Diana Ross opened doors for me.”

Beyonce on Barack Obama: “I’m really proud, I think we’re making a bit of progress, it’s an exciting time. We all feel part of our country now.”

No comments: